Application Portability Steps
The use case for application portability between Nirmata and Portworx requires the following:
- Demonstrate an application created in a shared Nirmata environment (namespace) tied to an infrastructure (private cloud) using dynamically provisioned PVCs for a sample application (MySQL).
- Demonstrate single-click application migration using Nirmata clone application button.
- This action triggers migration of application YAML to a different environment tied to different infrastructure (public cloud) with an associated namespace.
- On the storage side, this triggers a backup of associated PVCs and volumes to an S3 object-store in the destination cloud.
- The logic recreates persistent volumes.
- The application clone logic statically configures the PVCs and PVs based on data from the application deployed in the first cluster.