Create a Service From a Docker Image
To create a new Application or to add a new Service to an existing Application, you can select an image listed in a registry and select the Create Service option. This will launch a wizard where you can create a new Application or select an existing Application, and then configure the service properties:
The remaining steps in the Add Service Wizard are the same as adding a
Service to an existing application, and are documented at:
Example: Deploy Wordpress
Here are the steps to create a Wordpress service based on the jbfink/docker-wordpress image available on Docker Index.
- Select Image Registries -> Docker Index and search for a “wordpress”. Several Wordpress images will be displayed in the table.
- Select the “Create Service…” action for the jbfink/docker-word press image
- In the Add Service Wizard, choose to create an Application and specify a name for the new application.
- On the Networking page, disable service networking and remove the mapping for HTTPS port. Specify the HTTP host port.
- Other sections can be ignored for this example.
- Finish the wizard.
You will now see the new application in the Applications section. If you have configured a Host Group, you can also deploy the application to an environment. (See Running Applications).