Welcome to the Nirmata documentation site.
architect in Indo-Aryan languages. Nirmata’s mission is to help businesses innovate faster by enabling the adoption of cloud-native technologies. At Nirmata, we believe that better software will improve our world and we deliver a platform that
allows enterprise DevOps teams to deliver better software, faster. Nirmata is a member of the CNCF (Cloud Native Computing Foundation).
Cloud-native systems are optimized to operate on public and private cloud-computing platforms. The CNCF defines cloud-native software as having the following characteristics:
- Elastic: cloud-native systems can automatically scale up or scale down.
- Resilient: cloud-native systems can automatically recover from common failures.
- Observable: cloud-native systems are designed to provide detailed health and status information.
- Operable: cloud-native systems leverage highly automated management workflows.
In practice, cloud-native system components are packaged in containers, leverage container orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes, and are increasingly designed using Microservices style architectures.
The Nirmata platform is designed to simplify the management of Kubernetes clusters and workloads. At a high-level, the Nirmata platform provides:
- Cluster Management: Nirmata can provision Kubernetes control-planes and worker nodes, and provides cluster lifecycle management across any Nirmata provisioned or cloud provider managed cluster. Cluster administrators can manage cluster provisioning and set self-service policies for teams to provision and share cluster resources.
- Workload Management: Nirmata simplifies Kubernetes application management without introducing any additional abstractions. Application owners can easily model Kubernetes applications, without writing YAMLs, and leverage flexible CI/CD integrations for GitOps style workflows with native Helm, Kustomize, and YAML support. Nirmata also provides an integration application-aware runtime and lifecycle management of workloads.
- Policy Management: Nirmata extends Kyverno, the CNCF Kubernetes native policy management solution created by Nirmata, to secure and automate workload management. Cluster administrators can manage
Policy Groupsacross clusters to ensure suecurity and best practice compliance. Integrated reporting and alerting is available for admistrators and application owners.
With these capabilities, Nirmata enables the following solutions for platform teams:
- Continious Operations: admistrators can deliver “clusters-as-a-service” and “namespaces-as-a-service” Kubernetes usage models for their application teams.
- Continious Compliance: administrators can centrally manage security and best-practice compliance policies for all workloads using GitOps and policy as code best practices.
Click on Overview to learn about the Nirmata Kubernetes management platform.